I’m a project manager with 10 years experience delivering digital platforms, products and services.
My title might now be project director, but I’m a project manager at heart. With over 10 years experience managing complex digital projects, I’ve seen, heard and done a lot. My approach is to focus more on people, and less on the methodology.
I’ve worked with organisations, businesses and agencies managing over 50 projects.
Here’s a quick run through of where the years have been spent.
Project Manager at learndirect and Careers Advice Service. Got to see the Queen.
IT Project Manager at HSBC. It was really shit and I wrote about it.
Project Manager at Technophobia (which is sadly no more). Worked with Disclosure & Barring Service, Green Flag and Direct Line Group.
Senior Project Manager at Quba. Did loads included managing the London Luton Airport website redesign as part of their £100m transformation program.
Co-founder and Director at Paper. In two years I’m really proud to have worked with:
- Department for Education researching how users access the National Pupil Database (which passed the GDS service assessment)
- Westfield Health designing a new healthcare insurance product
- Co-op to research how 70,000 colleagues communicate with each other
- SignHealth to impartially usability test a new platform for deaf people
- Learn Sheffield to research what learning resources teachers need
- BearHugs Gifts to help usability test their online store
- Cavendish Cancer Care to help increase donations to this ace charity
- A utilities start-up which had a great new idea to test
I write regular articles about project management, family life and the outdoors.
Out of the office
I love spending time with my wife and two young kids. I like being outdoors as much as possible and you’ll find me running (76 races and counting) or taking part in the occasional mid-week microadventure.
If you’d like to chat about anything I’ve worked on, feel free to get in touch.
Thanks for stopping by,